HEAT MOBILE APP
HEAT TO LAUNCH OFFICIAL MOBILE APP
MIAMI – The Miami HEAT announced today that they have officially launched their much anticipated mobile application platform. The app is free and currently available for download for Apple iPhones and Android phones through their respective app stores. More information is available at HEAT.com.
The Official HEAT Mobile App provides a multitude of information including:
· A HEATV Companion live game night chat feature.
· Social media integration with Twitter, Facebook and HEAT.com’s newest online community forum, “The Inferno.”
· AmericanAirlines Arena way finder that provides the location of seats, concession and retail stands and restrooms.
· A video gallery featuring practice, post-game, community relations and team original video features.
· Player and Miami HEAT Dancer biographies, photo galleries and wall papers.
· Links to purchase tickets for HEAT games and AmericanAirlines Arena events directly from the user’s smartphone.
· HEAT game schedule.
· HEAT news and headlines.
· Live scoreboard with game scores and play-by-plays.
· Live box scores.
· Current NBA standings.
· A link to MiamiHoopsGear.com allowing retail purchases to be made directly from the user’s smartphone.
The Official HEAT Mobile App even contains a “Noisemaker” feature offering the “Let’s Go HEAT!” chant and a variety of other sports-related sounds.
“Our internet services team, led by Michael Farmer, has worked exhaustively with XCO Sportslink to launch this long-awaited HEAT app,” said Eric Woolworth, President of The HEAT Group’s Business Operations. “The audience of smartphone users continues to expand rapidly and we’re thrilled to provide HEAT fans everywhere with this fantastic platform, which will keep them informed, engaged and connected to the brand.”
The Official HEAT Mobile App is the latest project developed by the team’s award-winning Internet Services Department. Most recently, the department took home the 2011-12 NBA Web Traffic Award, which was presented at the NBA’s Marketing Meetings held in Brooklyn in January 2012.
The Miami HEAT is proud to have ASSIST-CARD as the Presenting Sponsor for the 2011-12 season.
# # #